The MICAS Design a Mask Challenge
Calling all Children aged 5 – 16
Closing date: 8th February
Education is at the heart of MICAS' remit and its aim is to remove barriers and make contemporary art accessible to all. We believe that a more diverse participation is possible through contemporary art by making use of the tools, media and new technologies of popular culture including artefacts from everyday life.
During these challenging times, the COVID19 pandemic has impacted families, schools, places of work and communities all over the world. In order to bring children's perception to this contemporary conversation, MICAS Education is launching its first #MicasForKids initiative, inviting children to express themselves and their creativity by designing their own face mask. This competition is open to children aged 5 – 16.
The themes for each age group are the following:
5 – 8: I wish…
9 -12: My world
13 -16: The view from my room
The face mask designs should be original and must not be under the copyright of another artist or entity.
The three most creative and innovative face mask designs will be selected from each age category and will then feature on a set of masks that will be issued by MICAS in 2021. The printing of the masks will be done by a local supplier. The winning designs may be adjusted to fit the face mask template in order to allow to be printed.
Each winner will receive a pack of face masks featuring the winning designs from their category, a pack of official MICAS face masks, and a 25 EUR voucher from an art shop, together with a gift bag.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Download the face mask template according to the age group; 5 – 8, 9 -12, 13 -16
- Download the consent form HERE
- Print the mask template and the consent form
- Design your mask within the allocated mask area
- Fill in the consent form accordingly
- Scan or take a digital photo of your design and the consent form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest 8 February 2021. Please include your name and surname, age, address/ school and contact number. If you will be sending a digital photo, please do retain the original design. If you are a winner, a member of the MICAS team will contact you in order to send us the original design.
Let us make sure to look after ourselves and others and wear our face masks.