Swimming classes with mum or dad are a fun activity promoting
bonding and attachment and providing a great multi-sensory
experience. It is also extremely rewarding for any parent
to watch their child’s progression and enjoyment.
The benefits of regular baby
swimming are many:
1. Water awareness, confidence and
lifesaving skills – Lessons teach respect
for water and water safety techniques.
2. Bonding & attachment – Baby swimming
is a very intimate experience focusing
on quality time, fun learning activities,
positive reinforcement, building
trust and strong relationships.
3. Physical Independence and Self-
Awareness – A baby can move about
independently in the water learning
balance and coordination. The
motion and sensation of the water
gives unique self-awareness.
4. Confidence and Self Esteem – Praise
and recognition of achievements and
learning new skills boost a child’s
confidence and self-esteem.
5. Healthy Life Style – Getting into a
good active lifestyle early on will set the
ground for your child’s future and will
become the norm in future years.
6. Language Development –The use
of word association and specific
repetition is a core part of our teaching
methods and helps your baby to learn
many activity related meanings.
7. Brain Development – The multi-sensory
experience and variety of activities stimulate
learning, encourage brain development and
function and build emotional intelligence.
8. Social Skills – Various forms of group
interaction instills good social skills,
team work and independence.
9. Health Benefits – Swimming strengthens
the heart and lungs, improves muscle
development, and increases stamina
and promotes better co-ordination.
10. Improved Sleep & eating patterns – Children
who swim will often sleep and eat better.
Babies can start swimming at 2 months